Why 4? Because you always see lists of 3 and 5. Never 4.
As a runner, I found myself getting tired of listening to the same music on repeat. I couldn’t always be connected to the internet depending on my route. So what to do? Podcasts!! I am subscribed to 22 podcasts. Some personally inspirational, some marketing, some creative. I find now, that I started listening to them when I’m walking my dog or driving to work. Here are my top 4… in no particular order. Except the 1st one. Click through to each podcast, download one or two and give them a listen.
- The Tim Ferriss Show by Tim Ferriss
I. Love. Tim. Ferriss. He just loaded his 200th episode. I can’t get enough of this guy. He interviews so many people from so many different industries. It’s just fascinating how he interviews and how he gets people to talk. I always feel so powerful when I get done listening to his podcasts. That anything is possible. He and Chase Jarvis are good buddies. They’ve been on each other’s shows. Man, to be able to sit in between those two… mmmmmm. Oh. Sorry. Got lost in thought there.
- The Chase Jarvis LIVE Show by Chase Jarvis: Photographer, Artist, Entrepreneur
I. Love. Chase. Jarvis. I want to be the female version of Chase. He has such an infectious energy and personality, it’s disgusting. His LIVE show has evolved over the years. Most recently into a more influential platform. I dare you to listen to one of his podcasts and not feel inspired.
- ProBlogger Podcast: Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging
Wow. Darren Rowse is amazing. His website. His podcast. Actionable words. I started listening to his podcast to help me improve my blogging skills for this website and for my own photography website. I am binge listening to this one these days.
- Improve Photography by Jim Harmer
I may be a little bias on this one. I only recently found this one because one of my favorite people in the world, Sandy Dorau, hosts sometimes. Most times they have more than one photographer in the discussion, and they switch them up. Topics come in from their website, FB and IG feeds. They are so personable and they tackle topics from beginner to expert. They also address technical and software side of things. Their speakers have a wide range of skills and expertise.
Ok. Ok. So 4 was more because I couldn’t choose only 3. But you have to admit, lists with 3 and 5 are pretty played out. But why then stop at 4? Let’s not. Here’s the remainder of the podcasts in my list:
- The Writer Files
- The Art of Charm
- The Tony Robbins Podcast
- The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe
- Hashtagged: An Instagram community podcast
- Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
- Photo Taco: Quick photography tips (From the Improve Photography group mentioned above)
- The Meditation Podcast
(Though if you like meditation, I highly reccommend the 2 apps I use, Insight Timer or Meditation.)
- The James Altucher Show
- Portrait Session: The photography podcast for portrait photographers (From the Improve Photography group mentioned above)
- TED Radio Hour
- Full Time Photographer with Josh Rossi (No recent podcasts but am listing it in the hopes that the universe and Josh Rossi will hear this and start podcasting again. They were so helpful)
- Marketing Nerds by Search Engine Journal
- PetaPixel Photography Podcast
I only provided the links for iTunes because that’s what I use to listen to podcasts. If you use something else, Google it.
Whew. That’s a lot of freakin’ podcasts. Any on the list that you listen to? Any not on the list that you would recommend?